There are useful resources to protect your identity on the internet; especially if you frequently use this medium to communicate through social networks, publish content or simply send text messages, which you want to be accessible to those who are interested in them, without them being able to use your identity for their own benefit; Find out what they are and take advantage of them.
Importance of using a tool to protect your identity on the web
Regardless of the reason why you use the versatility that it currently offers you, the technological advances present on the internet; It is vital that you manage your identity or visibility within this medium to the extent of your needs, without thereby affecting your browsing experience.
But for it; you must make sure you enter pages with a reliable reputation and that allow you to make efficient feedback; sending and receiving all the contents that are of interest to you without worrying that your data may be plagiarized, for the usufruct of its benefits.
In other words, your visibility on the internet is a right to enjoy, thanks to the prestige you have achieved by browsing its platforms, a merit that only you have achieved and to which no one else has a right in your name; unless you explicitly authorize them to share it.
Useful resources to protect your identity on the internet
Some of the measures that will serve to protect your identity on the internet are, among others, the following:
• Internet is a virtual world, full of alternatives and opportunities to interact and share important information, in those cases where distance and time do not allow it; but nothing you do online is temporary and many things you write don’t radically erase as you’d expect; So be careful what you share.
• Much of what you say or write can be appreciated faster than you delete or undo it; Therefore, in this case, it is a priority that you classify your profile as private and with access only to those you authorize.
• Change and protect your passwords frequently in order to reduce the traces of your online activity and that someone can, after knowing it, impersonate you, ruining your identity.
• Do not make inappropriate comments, photos or publications; let alone make sexual innuendos or display provocative messages; Well, even if they seem fun at the moment; It is possible that over the years they will be part of your history and that it will give a wrong image of your personality.
• Do not answer questions that you consider inappropriate or out of place; since they are randomly launched to capture the unwary, gain their trust and learn about your identity in order to assume it on the internet.
• You must be jealous when it comes to sharing bank details, geographic location, email, photos and videos; if you do not check previously what will be the destination that will be given to them.
Remember that when browsing you create a history that is being recorded in relation to your frequent activity on the internet; where you are voluntarily providing a lot of information inherent to your identity and that in the wrong hands can be harmful.
Although many laws, such as the Spanish one, prevent web pages from being installed on a personal computer unless express consent is given; there are hackers who make use of hidden tricks, with which they manage to make a simple like or strategic click suffice to start downloading what interests them to your computer.
It does not hurt to equip your digital devices with antivirus programs, blocking applications and tools to eradicate from them all traces or attempts of cyberattack, in order to know your personal data and with them usurp your identity within any platform in the one that they can take advantage of infinity of benefits; especially those related to the commercial field.
Leave a Reply