:: Hugo / After Dark / Shell / HTML / CSS / ES6
The textfiles.bit website is an ambitious port of Jason Scott’s textfiles.com website to After Dark. This “dot-bit”-ready site includes a number of unique features not available on any existing mirror including 57,000 preview pages with both light/dark themes.
This site was built to stress-test Hugo to determine the limits of scale for the static site generator which claims to be one of the fastest. At this scale, Hugo chews up about 14GB memory to build the site and requires approx. 1-2 minutes to build on an 8-core i7.
- 57,000+ brand new full-text textfile preview pages
- Neoclassic redesign with iconic Noto Sans Mono font
- Light and dark modes with 100% directory conversion
- Integrity checking for directory indicies and files
- ZeroNet-ready for free hosting and P2P file sharing